Monday, November 25, 2013

Traditional/Vintage type apron that started a whole other thing...

Hi ya' all, sorry I haven't posted anything new in awhile, been busy sewing, but not so much on the posting part... I recently upgraded my old $15 Brother sewing machine to a brand new Brother SE425 Sewing & Embroidery machine & I LOVE it!! Anyway, my friend, Jen wanted me to make a traditional type apron for her mom...
In exchange for the apron & other sewing stuff she wants once in awhile, she gave me this ol' girl... YES, a Singer treadle machine, she was locked up from sitting in the machine shed, but my awesome husband got her working for me & she sews like a dream!



So... I got the apron done...

And of course my joker, 16 year old son, Austin just had to try it on, he informed me that he wants one, lol...

So, I got this done & had to make some more... Decided to try it without the ruffles on the shoulders.


Didn't have enough of this fabric to make a whole one, but mom has roosters in her kitchen so I made her a 1/2 apron...

Then, I had to make a green one for me...

When I got this done, it reminded me of a pinafore over a prairie dress... The older I get, the more nostalgic I get about things that take me back to my childhood. Now I don't know about ya'll but I grew up on Little House on the Prairie & I've wanted a Little House on the Prairie dress since I was a little girl. I love Laura Ingalls & hate Nellie Olson, that snotty, prissy bitch stands for everything I can't stand in a girl & I just want to punch her out, anyway... I decided to try to make something that looks like a Little House on the Prairie outfit. Took an eyelet lace bedskirt & a 2 piece skirt pattern, cut the pieces out of the bedskirt, found an old bonnet tutorial & created this...

Then, Baby Girl just HAD to have one... I'll post bonnet pics later, need to close for now so I can finish it... If anyone wants the link to the tutorial I used let me know...

Then we had a Holly Hobbie undergarment moment... Holly Hobbie patchwork costume is on my list for Halloween by the way...



Here's one with her matching bonnet, working on her bloomers now, almost done...








No comments:

Post a Comment